Functional Banana Pancakes
You know we like to keep things simple around here. Well how about this for a recipe with ease:
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
Yep that’s it.
You can blend, thermomix, or old fashion whisk the two ingredients together. A blob of coconut oil in the pan and voila!
Get creative and add:
- cinnamon, nutmeg, chopped nuts, protein powder
- Yogurt, maple syrup, fruit, nuts or have them cold with some butter and honey
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
The other day I made James these cookies, he absolutely loved them! … they are grain free, gluten free but definitely not free from taste. Try these in the school holidays and then add them to the lunchbox next term.
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup (rice bran syrup, agave nectar)
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (20, chop with thermomix)
- ½ cup cashews, toasted and coarsely chopped
- ½ cup shredded coconut toasted
Pre heat oven to 180. Line 2 baking sheets with paper.
In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
In a medium bowl, combine coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
Stir wet ingredients into flour mixture until combined.
Lightly toast cashews and coconut in a pan (separately).
Whiz the chocolate and cashews in thermomix (or food processor)
Fold dry with wet.
1 heaped desert spoon of mixture onto the tray and bake for 10-12 minutes.
This recipe came from Elana’s cookbook – she has a great website as well: http://www.elanaspantry.com/the-gluten-free-almond-flour-cookbook/